Please note: This FAQ is for Amazon specific Android devices; Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD. At Hoskins Apps we test our apps on many of the most popular and well used stock Android devices. If you are having issues with an app, we will do our best to try to help you. That being said, we cannot guarantee support for all Android devices. In addition, if you have modified your device or are using additional accessories (i.e. keyboards) we cannot guarantee our games will run properly.
FOR AMAZON REFUNDS, please click here.
How do I restrict in-app purchases for Amazon devices?
To set up a PIN for purchases via Amazon Appstore
- Open the Amazon Appstore app
- Press Menu and then touch Settings
- Touch Parental Controls
- Select Enable Parental Controls
- Enter your Amazon.com password
- If you want to use a PIN instead of your Amazon.com password for in-app purchases authorization, check the box for “Use PIN”
- Enter a PIN code
- Re-enter your PIN to confirm
Note: These instructions may vary depending on which Android device you are using and what operating system is installed.
What information should I provide to Customer Support for Amazon device related issues?
- Have you checked the app store to see if an update is available for the game or tried reinstalling the game?
- Please describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail as possible.
- What carrier are you using (AT&T, Verizon etc)?
- What device are you using? What model is it?
- What game are you playing (please be specific)?
- Is your device rooted?
I don’t have enough available memory to download the app.
If you do not have enough space in your device’s local memory to download an app, you will need to delete items from your local memory on your device to make room.
My App won’t load.
Possible cause may be low RAM on your device. Or there may not be enough available disk space in the device. You can make room in your device by deleting items from the device’s disk space. You can also try power cycling your device.
I am seeing white boxes.
This can happen when you are missing data. Here are some actions you can try to resolve this issue:
- Force stop app and restart
- Close all other apps that may be running
I am seeing bad textures (noise, garbage, not white box).
To try to address this issue, uninstall and reinstall the app.
I keep getting a Package File Error.
This can happen if you have a weak connection. If you continue to get this error, try connecting your device through WiFi and not through your carrier’s connection (i.e. 3G).
How do I force stop my app?
To do this, follow these instructions:
- Go to Settings
- Tap More
- Tap Applications (this shows you your currently running apps)
- Find and tap on the application you would like to Force Stop
- Tap Force Stop
- It will ask you if you would want to stop. Tap Ok.
Note: These instructions may vary depending on which Amazon device you are using.
How do I get a refund for my purchase(s)?
We do not handle refunds here at Hoskins Apps. Also, Amazon policy is that refunds are not available for digital goods. If a user has a valid reason for a refund (e.g. the app is not compatible with their device) they should contact Amazon customer service.